PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 45 MINS
- 3 lbs of beef (or goat)
- Quick Cook Haleem Mix
- 1 cup of onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 6-7 pieces of green chilies
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Radhuni Panchporon
- Warm up oil, add onions and stir until brown.
- Once the onions are brown, add the meat.
- In the Haleem Mix box, you will find a “Haleem
- Masala.” Mix half of packet with the meat.
- Add 3 teaspoons of salt (adjust to your taste).
- After mixing the salt, and Haleem Masala, cook the meat for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the other packets in the Quick Haleem mix box (NOT the masala packet) with 4 cups of hot water.
- Stir the Haleem mix until soft. NO BUBBLES .
- Add chili, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic paste, green chillies, and coriander.
- Mix the meat with all the ingredients, and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water in the pot. Cook on medium heat until the meat is tender.
- Add the Haleem mix in the pot with the meat.
- Add 2 teaspoons of corn flour. This helps give your Haleem a thick consistency.
- Stir in the rest of the Haleem Masala
- On the side, fry garlic, Radhuni Panchporon, and added to meat pot.
- Last but not least, add 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger, and mix it all together!